My sermon on 29th May 2016







I was the preacher at St. Boniface Church on Siesta Key, Sarasota, FL last Sunday.

This was my first Sunday sermon since November 2015.  (I had been scheduled to preach in January 2016, but an intestinal infection kept me at home that Sunday).

Last Sunday I chose to preach from notes rather than from my usual full script.  The sermon is long by St. Boniface Church standards.

I was interested  to see myself as others see me, and to note that I smile a lot when preaching.

The readings were 1 Kings 8:22-23; Galatians 1:1-12; Luke 7:1-10

The celebrant/presider was our Associate Rector,  the Revd. Andi (Andrea) Taylor.  She is a wise and respected colleague. (I knew Andi in our Massachusetts days).  She will soon be leaving us to become the Rector at a parish on Cape Cod: St. David's Church, South Yarmouth, MA.

To see and hear my sermon click on this link


://www.bonifacechurch.org

Go to "watch live" , then to "May 29th service and sermon".

If you choose not to view the entire service -  my sermon starts at about 23 minutes and  30 seconds.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"