"Somewhere along the road" A song which is haunting me - (sung here by Steeleye Span).






Of course I'd heard of Steeleye Span, but I didn't know much about them.

In recent months I've become a fan of the fabulous Maddy Prior, never knowing that she had been a part of Steeleye Span.

In my search of You Tube for her songs  I came across "Somewhere along the Road" as recorded by Steeleye Span.   In the mystery of  synchronization , or coincidence this was on Monday 13th  June 2016, a day on which the full impact of the killings at the Pulse Night Club in Orlando was sinking into my consciousness.

Thus the song is haunting me, and allowing me to bring a wee bit of hope to my maudlin heart.

https://youtu.be/Zk8YB3lMmms


Somewhere along the road
Someone waits for me
Beyond the present storms that blow
Waiting patiently
No secrets held in an open heart
A spirit that soars over mountains
Somewhere along the road
Someone waits for me

Somehow a guiding light
Always shows the way
To those who lose their way by night
Searching for the day
A day away from happiness
Tomorrow will bring a new sunrise
Somewhere along the road
Someone waits for me

Sometimes when winds are still
Unexpectedly
Perhaps beyond this silent hill
A voice will come to me
Raise your eyes and see my world
Raise your voice and sing out
Somewhere along the road
Someone waits for me

Somewhere along the road
Someone waits for me
Beyond the present storms that blow
Waiting patiently
No secrets held in an open heart
A spirit that soars over mountains
Somewhere along the road
Someone waits for me

Somewhere along the road
Someone waits for me

(Rick Kemp)









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"