Orlando FL June 12th 2016 - not a time for politics or instant analysis.

This ghastly massacre  has left us all stunned.

The tragedy has opened the flood gates for political comment from the right and from the left.

I am not ready for that.

====================================================

Here are the latest figures  "Orlando Police say the death toll in the early morning shooting remains at 50, with more than 50 others injured in the attack at the nightclub. It is the deadliest mass shooting in U.S. history".

No political statement or meme is helpful to me.

For you  see, if I were to be killed or maimed in such a massacre I know that at least eighty of my family members and friends would be shocked to the core.

So I cannot but think of the (at least)  eight thousand people  who are living in deep grief and despair today.


I cannot but think of the Police and Sheriffs Deputies  who had to make a decision in the face of the tragedy, knowing that they were damned if they did, and damned if they didn't,

I cannot but think of the scene of carnage with greeted them. Which one of us could bear to see such a scene of horror?

I cannot but think of the firefighters and EMT's whose task it was to attend to the wounded and the dead.  Which one of us could bear to see such a scene of horror?

I cannot but think of the undertakers and funeral directors whose job it has been and will be to remove the dead bodies, and to work with family members to arrange good and respectful burials,  Which one of us could bear to see such a scene of horror?


I cannot but think of the Pastors,Priests, Rabbis and Imams whose task will be to minister to so many grieving people,   Which one of us could bear to minister in the face of such ungodly horror?







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"