Hot and a bit bothered

I noticed yesterday that my shower water ..was tepid, even though I had turned on the water heater.

I turned it on again today, but still could not draw warm or hot water

Of course the breaker had flipped, but I could not reset it.   A call to a local business "Mr Sparky" led to a staff member being in my home within the hour.

The truth is that the entire breaker box is "shot" -  indeed some of the plastic components showed signs of melting.  Could have led to a fire eh?  It's a vintage box

So the entire box is being replaced, together with an outside box/   While they are at it the electricians are also installing three "wired"  smoke detectors  (about time you might say).

It's been a bit steamy in my home.  The work is being impeded by a huge thunderstorm, so there is now natural light  (one of them is wearing my "headlight" which I had bought for power off emergencies).

Just yesterday I had opened and tested my "emergency box"  which includes candles, flashlights, a lantern and a Coleman camping stove. So I have been able to cook!

'tis an inconvenience, but a minor one.  (I have reminded myself that I could be living in Aleppo or some other city which is being bombed to rubble






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"