Observed and overheard in SRQ today



I was at Target Optical this morning to have new lenses fitted to my existing frames.

As I waited I watched a thirty something  couple, complete with a child aged about eighteen months who sat in the shopping cart.

The man was more than six feet tall. He looked like a Marine.  He wore a "wife beater" (yes I hate that term) shirt, with his tats and muscles in plain view.

She was picking out new sunglasses.  She chose three designs and tried them one, one at a time.  Each time she asked her partner "do you like these?":  His responses were "yes I like them" (frame #1); "I really like them" (frame #2), and "I like those too" (frame #3).

I started to laugh out loud..  He was clearly hedging his bets.  His body language said "get me out of here right now!"

Meanwhile the little child was opening and closing a "Target" leaflet as he chattered (OK. - "babbled") away.  Mum and Dad seemed to be oblivious to him.  I wanted to babble away with him.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A bit later I was at my local pharmacy to pick up some prescribed meds.

The woman ahead of me seemed to have a very complicated order, and there was much to-ing and fro-ing between her and the pharmacist.  That being done the pharmacist asked "would you like a bag?".  The customer responded with a curt "yes".

Before I could stop myself I said out loud "yes please".

Without turning to look at me the customer said "oh, yes please".

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can be such a snob!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"