Frying an egg (or eggs)

YOUR LIFE DOES NOT DEPEND ON THIS!

I think that it was in the Food and Wine supplement of my local newspaper  (the Sarasota Herald-Tribune) that I saw a recipe for fried eggs.

At first I thought "who needs a recipe for something as mundane as this?"   

But I read the recipe which offered fried eggs with fluffy whites and firm yolks.

Then I tried it, and it works!

First,  line the skillet with a smear of oil.

Then, heat the skillet and oil on a medium to high setting. When the skillet and oil are hot add the egg/s.

As soon as the edge of the whites firm up, dip your finger into cold water, flick the water on the eggs, then reduce the heat and cover the skillet with a lid.

After two or more minutes the egg/s will be ready.

The whites will be wonderfully fluffy, and the yolks will be firm and well formed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've tried this recipe twice, and "dammit" it works.

So I will now be able to "shuffle off this mortal coil" in the sure and certain knowledge that I knew how to fry eggs with fluffy whites and firm yolks.


Tee hee!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"