I said what?


















I arrived very early at my **Health Fit programme today and decided to check my e-mail and text messages as I waited.

I looked at one text which contained a mailing address I needed, and then, like a fool, I deleted it by accident.

In a voice which was just above a whisper I exclaimed "Oh shit",  whereupon two other people who were seated near me  in the waiting room started to laugh.  I had been totally unaware of their presence.

Of course I apologised profusely, but my two "hearers" were so amused that they neither expected or desired an apology.


Speaking of **Health Fit, it's a programme (via a Doctor's Prescription only) and run by our Sarasota Memorial Hospital.

My Cardiologist wrote my prescription following my angiogram on May 5th during which he inserted a stent in my left descending artery.

The precipitating problem had been a diagnosis of  peripheral arterial disease in my right leg.

Recovery from cardio. problems can be addressed by vigorous exercise, hence my Health Fit Programme.    There my heart rate is continually monitored, and my blood pressure taken before and after exercise. I am pleased to see that my blood pressure is consistently more normal than it has been for at least five years.

What is also great is that the discomfort in my right leg is slowly and surely being abated because sans good arteries my blood is finding other routes down my leg.

I have supplemented the three day a week Health Fit programme by joining the gym at the local "Y". Thus I am able to do thirty minutes on a treadmill seven days a week.

The Health Fit programme expires after another five sessions.  After that I hope to be at the "Y"  seven days a week.

When I awake each morning I think "I don't want  to exercise today", but just as soon as I get on the treadmill (1.2 miles in 30 minutes)  I am glad.

A side benefit is that apart from the exercise but by a more mindful diet  I have lost 10lbs in weight, with at least another 10lbs to go before I visit my family in Bristol, UK (mid Sept to mid Oct 2017)



Comments

  1. swam 1/2 mile this a.m.at the Cape Cod Y- have been doing it for as long as it's been open, at least twice a week. Go for it, Michael!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, that's what you've been up to! I've missed you at St. B.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"