I am bingeing on Joyce Carol Oates




Her books are funny, dark, satirical  and have a deeply telling take on human life and behavior.

Her plots are deeply believable, they refuse to sugar coat human life and experience.

She understands human nature with its glory and shame.

Her books make for hard reading.


A tough read.  I am immersed in this right now.

The first JCO book I read.

A hard read, but with an entirely plausible plot
Short stories with no easy resolution



Joyce Carol Oates grew up in rural western New York State  (near Lockport). Here is her 2015 interview on WNYC.   I love her accent, especially in the way she pronounces "father"


http://www.wnyc.org/story/joyce-carol-oates-lost-landscape/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any other JCO fans out there?

Comments

  1. Maybe I should try again. I've never read one though I started a couple of times.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"