Uber?



I created a UBER account last week, "just in case" I would need it someday.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This morning I took my car to the excellent "Sam's Auto" on  17th and Lockwood Ridge , SRQ for a simple repair.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I could have asked anyone of my pals to drive me home, but just for the sake of it, I booked a ride with UBER.

Logging on for my first UBER ride was a bit difficult, but once I had done so my driver arrived in good-ish time

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I learned that

1  UBER is not cheap once the fare; the UBER  fees; and the voluntary (?)  tip have been totaled in..

2.  On the whole UBER costs are not much more or less than those of the traditional cab

3.  BUT Uber (and Lyft) enable a  much more timely service than the traditional cab  in smaller Cities such as SRQ.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll most likely use UBER  again, but only when needs must

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"