My first time! (lunch with Deacon Allan Rogers at Chipotle)

Allan Rogers, (the excellent Deacon at St. Boniface Church, Siesta Key, FL)  and I had lunch today.

At my request we went to the Chipotle on Frutville Rd in SRQ  (Fruitville and Honore).



I had never before eaten at at Chipotle restaurant.

This  restaurant chain got a bad rap a few years ago when they served some "contaminated?" meats, and customers got sick.

And I knew that their food is high in calories.

But I wanted to give them a try.

Silly me, I had always thought that Chipotle was a high end chain with servers etc.  Instead  I discovered that it's just another fast food joint with a lot of "take out" customers

I got a Burrito with Chorizo.




It was very good but extremely unmanageable in its wrap..  So I went back to  the counter; got a bowl, and poured the contents out,  eschewing the wrap.

It was pretty darn good in spite of all the calories, and the high price.  I think that my local independent Mexican restaurant could provide  a superior product at a lower price.

But mostly I was glad to spend time with with Allan.  He is a good Deacon.  He is a man of God,.

And he is a trusted friend.

Now I must set my mind  to getting ready for my trip to the U.K., which begins next Monday (Sep 18th.) As we say in the U.K.



Cheers!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"