Post Irma Gratitude


YES!


I forgot to add that immediately after Irma passed over (and I was unharmed and with electricity) , I was able to make some calls via  Skype to a brother and two sisters in the U.K They had been deeply worried for me.


How glad I was to reassure them early on Monday morning.  How grateful I am that "modern technology" came to my aid.

So much has changed for the better in the communications business from the years 1976 onwards (when I first settled in the U.S.A).  AT & T  was the only game in town, and all overseas calls were via an operator.  I had to book calls to my U.K. family at Christmas-tide and Easter-tide.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"