Binges in Advent (2) ... in which I break the rules (with impunity and with music)


The immutable laws of the Medes and Persians  (Daniel 6:15) are less severe  than one immutable law of the  American Episcopal Church viz:

NO CHRISTMAS/NATIVITY MUSIC UNTIL DECEMBER 24TH.


PSHAW!


I gladly flout that law every Advent.

Weary and deafened by the saccharine "Christmas Season": music which is inflicted on me inside (and outside) various stores, supermarkets etc I seek for an antidote to XMAS MUZAK.

I find such relief every year in Advent in the stirring, powerful and joyous music of J.S. Bach from his Christmas Oratorio.

In particular I binge on this version from the St, Thomas Church in Leipzig, Germany.

 I rejoice in the passion of the Conductor, the Brass, and the Tympani.

See and hear it for yourself!




https://youtu.be/MVewzMm1uts







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"