CHRISTMAS DAY POST SCRIPT (and a bit about Rolls Royce/Bentley cars)


My new car.  Not really.   My Christmas Day meal was at a  pretty swanky Club.  This Rolls Royce (**) was not in the general parking area. nor in the valet parking area.  It was parked immediately outside the main entrance -  where the valet parking staff could keep it under their watchful eyes.



W hen I was a parish Rector I left the opening of my Christmas Cards until after "Midnight Mass".  I needed to wind down after the various Christmas services before I was ready for sleep. 

No parish duties these days but I still leave the cards unopened until Christmas Day.





I especially like the photo' cards.  Some of the babies I baptised are now teenagers. 

Some of the teenagers in the youth groups are now college graduates, some of them are married, and some of them have children of their own. 

I feel so old, and so very grateful.




It's against the rules, but I allowed Izzy to sit on the Sofa on  Christmas Day.  She is so utterly handsome!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(**) 

Rolls Royce and Bentley were for seventy years one Company.  When the final British owner (Vickers PLC) sold them the Rolls Royce marque went to BMW, and the Bentley marque to VW.

It's a long and complicated story (look it up for yourself) .

But I was a more than a wee bit amused when the inept and buffoonish British Foreign Secretary (Boris Johnson) recently crowed that the Russians had imported 300 Bentleys.

YES  indeed the Bentleys are made in the U.K. But the hapless Boris failed to mention that Bentley is owned by Volkswagen. 




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"