March 24th 2008 / March 24th 2018

March 24th 2008 was the day I adopted my beloved Penne, the first canine love of my life.  I still miss her.  I cried for three days when she died.





Penne was not very comfortable with other dogs  (but she and Chardonnay - (a golden retriever owned by my friends G and J ) tolerated each other.

Penne loved people,  especially my neighbour Ed G. and my friend Bob L.  She would sing for joy when she saw them,

She learned to recognise Bob L's car and would sing like crazy when she saw it,

Penne would take pills without resistance, and when I drew near with her ear drops she would bend her head to one side so that I could squirt the drops, and she would love it when I massaged her ears.


I still miss her.


--------------------------------------------------------

March 24th 2018

I took my new love Zion to the Humane Society of Sarasota County for a programme for children;  one hour of which was to chat to and listen to youngsters about Therapy Teams.

We were about seven teams  (owners and dogs).




The  Chihuahua (front and right) had a crush on Zion and whimpered for 45 minutes, all to no avail!  We kept them separate.

 We'd been told that our programme was not a "meet and greet" for the dogs  but an opportunity for children to learn about therapy teams.

The dog front and centre at the back is a Pit Bull.  His owner was at pains to tell us that Pit Bulls are not inherently dangerous, but that there are bad Pit Bull owners.

Take note: A gentle Pit Bull as a therapy dog!

One girl child learned that my Zion loves to have his belly rubbed. 

She kept it up for at least ten minutes.


Zion Belly rub and my left  knee. 

I cropped this pic. to protect the young girl's anonymity.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"