The old man and a dog. The old woman and a dog. Stock photo's and true stories.

Stock photo'



Stock photo'.


The old man leaned far forward in his wheel chair as the dog drew nearer.  The gentle dog placed his head on the old man's knee.

The old man buried his head in the dog's head.  He sat upright, the did it again.

He began to weep.  "Oh" he said, "you remind me of the two dogs owned. I wish that you could stay with me".

The man at the end of the leash said "he won't be able to stay with you, but he will visit you again next week".

-------------------------------------------------------------------



The man at the end of the leash knocked on the door, walked into the room,  and greeted the woman in her bed.

He introduced himself and said "I understand that you like dogs".  "Oh yes" she said.   The gentle dog lifted his head to the bed so that the woman could touch it.

The man at the end of the leash asked "how long have you lived here?"  She replied  "a long time". "We used to live at K. (retirement home), then we moved to A. (assisted living), then my husband died.

"When" asked the man at the end of the leash.  "Last August" she replied. The man said "I guess that you will never get over your grief. Maybe the best is to wish is that somehow you will get used to it."  

"You are right" she said, "but I sometimes think that he is still with me.  I talk to him when I am watching T.V.".

The man at the end of the leash replied "I think that he is still with you".  

(He, the man at the end of the leash, has a conviction that the spirits of our dear departed grace us with their presence.)

The woman in her bed was so relieved to hear that it is absolutely right and necessary to commune with, and talk to our beloveds who have died.

--------------------------------------------------------


The stories above relate events which happened today.

The photo's above are taken from Google images. Neither of them are of today's events, they are simply illustrations.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"