Star Dog (and good food)


"As I walked out"  (title of a fine book by English Author Laurie Lee) in Sarasota's Arlington Park yesterday I met a very pleasant man who was walking his very small dog.

He warned me that the dog could be growly, but in the event his dog and my Zion did well together.

I asked him the name of his dog.  With a touch of embarrassment he allowed that the dog is called Luke Sky Barker.

I love it!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

My good SRQ and St. Boniface friend Rick P. invited me and two others for dinner at his home on Tuesday 3/20.

He cooked the most delicious Osso Bucco.

Stock photo' (not Rick's wonderful version)


... and served it with his home-made Polenta and a wonderful home made gravy/sauce (sauce or gravy depending on the region of Italy where it is served).

The meal was very good -  thanks Rick.

When I accepted Rick's invitation I told him that I had never before eaten Osso Bucco.

That was somewhat true save that after enjoying his dinner, I remembered have often eaten braised Lamb in England. It's more or less the same thing.








Braised Lamb.

What's in a name.  Is it Osso Bucco or Braised Lamb?

It matters little, save to say that Rick's Osso Bucco was made from scratch with his love and prayers.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"