A risk worth taking



(Stock photo' not anyone I know)

Pedro C is the owner and operator of a landscaping company I used today.  He and an employee worked hard and well and did what I had needed.

Work done Pedro came inside so that I could write a check (cheque).   I would put him at about thirty five years old. He has a quiet and apparently thoughtful aspect and demeanour.  And he has the most beautiful brown eyes.

Before he left I took a wee risk, the risk of being misunderstood.  

"Pedro" I said "you have the most beautiful eyes".

He didn't miss a beat.  "Thank you very much" he said  "I appreciate that".

You know, it's sometimes tough for men to compliment other men on aspects of their physical beauty, more's the pity.

Thanks be to God that I took that wee risk, and that Pedro accepted my compliment with great grace.

I have some sadness about my brief exchange with Pedro. For if I should tell this story to my gay male friends I am certain that they would think and say that my motives were salacious.  That irks me and makes me sad.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"