And then there were horses

My U.K.  sister, brother in law, nieces and great niece. together with my U.S.A friend Ashley did some horseback trail riding in Myakka State Forest last Monday

They did so using the Englewood FL based horse rescue organisation "A Bit of Hope" (clever name).

https://www.bitofhoperanch.com


I did it two years ago and enjoyed myself, save for the three day backache which followed my equestrian adventure.



L-R  Niece Leah, Bro-in-Law Dennis, Sister Ruth, Niece Beth, Friend Ashley, Great Niece Bree.



Dennis, followed by Beth.



Ashley, Dennis, Beth

But dearie, dearie me.

Just before the end of the ride they had to go off trail and the lead rider stirred up a hornet's nest. Dennis and Ruth each got one sting. Leah had multiple stings.  Later in the evening she felt unwell so we took her to the ER/A&E at Doctors Hospital, SRQ for a check up. Leah's vitals were good, but she was on Prednisone for three days as a precaution. 

* Leah is fine.  

**  Care in the ER at Doctors was superb.

Hornets apart (the attack was anomalous) do consider taking your horse loving friends for a lovely trail ride with A Bit Of Hope.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"