SUNDAY ROAST

A roast in the U.K.  is not the same as a roast in the U.K.

Roast or Sunday roast in my native land refers to the great and traditional family meal eaten in the noontime hours or in the evening on Sundays. It's a tradition which is dying but is not yet dead.

Roasted beef, pork, or lamb, with roasted potatoes, good gravy and abundant vegetables.  OH SO GOOD.

I had a roast last year at the home of my brother Martyn and his wife Wendy.

Yesterday was Thursday not Sunday, but I had another roast, courtesy of my sister Ruth and my niece Leah who are visiting from England.

Roasted Lamb and roasted potatoes, with  parsnips, carrots, cauliflower, green beans. corn, peas and broccoli. (not forgetting the delicious mint sauce),

What a feast! Who dares disdain U.K. food?

My niece Leah tucks in

My great niece Bree (10) has a wonderful and healthy appetite.  She ate all the veggies and loved the meat.  (See her clean plate) Then she stripped every ounce of  meat from the leg of lamb bone!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"