Truth in advertising

My sister Ruth, her partner of many years Dennis, my nieces Leah and Beth , together with my fabulous great niece Bree (aged 10)   



are in the U.S.A.  They are visiting from the U.K.  As I write they are loving life in Orlando.  They will come to see me next week.


I have planned some adventures for us.  One will be to go down to Everglades City FL -  once the county town for Collier County - now a town which time mercifully forgot.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Everglades_City,_Florida

Ruth, Dennis and I were there for a brief visit two years ago.  We liked it very much

While we are there we'll have an Everglades Air Boat tour which promises to take us into the "real" Everglades  (we'll see,  some of these tours are not as wonderful as their on line advertisements suggest). 

We will also take a boat trip into the so-called Ten Thousand Islands area.

Ruth, Dennis and I did this in 2016.  There are many islands  (not 10,000) but it is so wonderful to be out on the water with not a high rise to be seen, and with manatees and dolphins in abundance.

---------------------------------------------------------

ABOUT TRUTH IN ADVERTISING

I love this, from a Roadside Cafe in the area, (which we will not have time to visit),

----------------------------------------------------------------

Blue Crab Cafe ~ Owner: Joanie Griffin
Parking Lot Public Transit: 1/4 Mile East Of Ochopee Post Office,
just about 3 1/2  miles past hwy 29 on the Tamiami Trail.



     “If you want fast food, go to Miami or go to Naples.”
    Both, by the way, are 50 miles and a half-century away.


    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Don't you just love it!






      Comments

      Popular posts from this blog

      Shoe insults

      The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

      It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"