This is not about ostriches


















Ostrich hens do not bury their heads in the sand to avoid conflict.

 Far from it.  They dig nests in the ground to provide a safe place for their eggs.


When they are seen with their heads in the sand they are in fact turning the eggs to create equal and safe incubation for each one.

My head is in the sand (a place of equality and safety) as I ponder the ghastly and horrid U.S.Senate vote today to confirm Brett Kavanaugh as a Justice on the Supreme Court.

What did I find in that sand?  I found a place to centre my heart and soul.

It's from a bit of Christian scripture from Paul's letter to the small church in Phillippi.

As a would be Christian I try to find the centre of of my heart and soul in these words which have been with me all day),  (from the King James/Authorised  version  as I learned it all those many years ago in Sunday School).



Philippians 4:8 King James Version (KJV)


Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

Centering is tough! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"