St, James's Cambridge connection and a great lunch with a very old man.

Some St. James's, Cambridge, MA will remember the fabulous Chris and Trish Morck who were part of our community in the early 2000's.

Yet others will recall that I had a little part in urging Chris towards ordination, and that by the grace of God he was in due course ordained in the Episcopal Church Diocese of Ecuador Central.

(How they came to be in Ecuador is too complicated to deconstruct  here , save to say that I had the utter privilege to travel to Quito some eight or nine years ago and to participate in the ordination.  What an honour and a privilege , I loved what I saw of Ecuador).

Time and life move on.  Chris is now the esteemed Rector at Grace Church, New Bedford MA.  Trish is a valued and essential staff member of the New Bedford School Dept., where her fluent command of the Spanish language is essential and valued.

NOW TO TODAY

Trish's parents Bill and Deb Ohnsurg are in town. They invited me to join them for lunch at the Marina Jack restaurant.

Aerial  view


It was a good meal.  Best of all Bill and Deb introduced me to their old friend and their former Presbyterian Pastor the Revd. Julian Alexander.

Julian lives in Sarasota's Bay Village. I found him to be engaging and astute. We "bonded" immediately. Julian Alexander is 102 years old!  What a great man.  What a pleasure and privilege to meet him.

Julian, Deb, Bill, jmp (1)

Julian, Deb, Bill, jmp  (2)

One funny thing.  I'd told the Ohnsurg's that I would wear a bright red polo shirt so that they could pick me out.  We were amused to see that bright red shirts were  in abundance - they are the colour of the Valet Parking attendants' uniforms.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"