Good, and great,, and greatest.

Lunch today  - so good.




Macaroni and Cheese, with carrots (of many hues), snow peas, and pan fried Trout.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Great


G

On Feb 17th 2019 I sent all my 2018 tax information to the Massachusetts accounting firm I have used since 2001(thanks Manny Faria for the recommendation way back then).

Yesterday (March 3rd 2019) I received (electronically) the tax return this firm had prepared for me.  I signed and returned it electronically. It's good to have a tax preparer that I trust  ( despite a merger of  my 2001 firm with a much bigger outfit, the same man has prepared my taxes for all these years.)  

---------------------------------------------------------------

GREATEST

In spite of all the confusion caused by the passage of the Trump/Republican tax bill (under which many of my middle class working friends have seen their 2018 tax bill double) I'll be getting a 2018 refund which is twice as much as my 2017 refund.

Go figure!    Tax law in the U.S.A. is more complicated and mysterious than the Kabbalah.  


I'll accept this "refund", not because Uncle Sam is generous, but because I gave him too much in 2018.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"