I Didn't Have a Pie Dish

I've done so very little baking over the years ---

partly because I've never taken the time to learn how to make pastry/crust (my fault),

partly because I know that any crust I made would be utterly inferior to that which my oldest sister makes (it melts in your mouth) -  I always "demand" her apple pie when I go home to England!  She obliges with a smile,

partly because my aging kitchen in SRQ is notably short of counter space on which to roll out pastry -  excuses, excuses! my Mum made excellent pastry crust when kitchen counter space had not even been invented!

I've occasionally bought those supermarket frozen crusts and found them to be -  well "crummy".

----------------------------------------------------------------------

So this morning, with rhubarb and apples at hand I decided to make a R and A Crisp.

Lordy, lordy, I didn't even own an an oven proof pie dish.

So I bought one..


It cost me the princely sum of $2.79 (yes, $2.79!) at my local Publix Supermarket  (I came across a one day sale).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I made the crisp.


Rhubarb and Apple with an oats, brown sugar, melted butter and flour topping.

Looks good eh?  It was slightly  over cooked so the pie edges were a bit hard, but were also chewy and caramely.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


If the proof of the pudding is in the eating I need say no more!


YUM!

My rhubarb and apple Crisp, with vanilla ice cream.  Who could ask for anything more?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"