Books, algorithms, the internet , and cheap Christianity.

I ordered a book published by the respected Wm. B. Eerdmans Publishing Co. (based in Grand Rapids, MI).

The books is 


N.B.  Dana L Robert is the Truman Collins Professor of World Christianity and History of Mission at the Boston University School of Theology. We are friends,  and had dinner together in Lakeland, FL about two months ago. I look forward to reading her book.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

As a result of my internet order and the mystery of algorithms, I have found myself to be on the e-mailing list of Christianbook.com
(based in Peabody MA). I'll be unsubscribing soon!.

BUT NOT BEFORE I draw your attention to an unfortunate advert from said Christianbook.com


Harrumph!  Is that what we are called to by the Gospel?

"Everything Christian for Less" A discounted and less costly faith than the teachings of Jesus demand?

Dear preacher, pastor, minister, priestly friends: ask Oscar Romero, Dietrich Bonhoeffer, Martin Luther King Jr  about "everything Christian for less" before you next get into your pulpits.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"