DIRTY, DIRTY, DIRTY

BEGONE FILTH!

I've had my Kia Forte automobile for about twenty two months, but if cleanliness is next to godliness it has become a downright pagan.

We've been to the full service car was a couple of times, and through the 7-11 $7 machine a few times, but due to my laziness, negligence or indifference, it was a mess, with dog drool over the back seat windows and about 3" of dog hair covering the floor.

My good friend Rick P. recommended a "come to your home" car detailing business which I used yesterday.  Oh my, it was worth every penny.



The "mark" on the hood is a reflection of a ceiling fan in my neighbour's car port




Inside, sans floor mats which are still drying in this humid air.


Sometimes when I have cleaned my bathroom I think that I'll never use it again, 'cause it will get dirty again.



In a like vein I am reluctant to drive my car.  I'd rather simply admire it so that it will not get dirty!


The kicker is this.  The male owner of the business took four hours to detail my car, working in almost unbearable humidity.  What a worker!

The cost  (including washing, waxing and buffing the outside) was $150.  That might seem high, but so are his business expenses for the professional equipment he uses.  It may seem odd to tip an owner operator but I did - a wee monetary expression of my appreciation.

By the way did I mention that he is an immigrant?

P.S. Thirteen days ago, when Zion and I were driving home from a canine therapy gig, the heavens opened in a storm which lasted for two hours.   We passed a newish Thai Restaurant which relies heavily on take out business.

I thought  "there goes your evening business, next to no one will brave this storm even for your good grub".  

The same is true for my car detailing man.  He drives to homes, office parking lots etc for mainly out side work. I wonder how many bookings he has to cancel in our rainy season.  I wonder how much income he loses when mother nature acts up.  If it had stormed yesterday he could have worked in my car port, but car ports are the exception rather than the rule.

Sarasota/Manatee county friends.  Rick P. or I will be glad to give you his 'phone #

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"