Have pity on me! Porringers and Blumenthals in my sleep.

Three nights ago I woke up in the middle of the night with a word which raced around and around, and  would not leave my mind.

It was the word "porringer".

Why in the blazes should this word disturb my sleep?   I never use it;  and I had but the vaguest idea of its meaning.

Here we go!


A porringer.

But what is it?

A porringer is this:


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porringer


----------------------------------------------------

Last night, in the wee hours I awoke with  a name which would not leave my mind.

It was "Hester Blumenthal".  I thought that I knew her, and I sleepily rejoiced in an old fashioned forename.

When  I awoke this morning I did a Google search,  and discovered  that there is no Hester Blumenthal, but there is a British chef named Heston Blumenthal.


That's neither here nor there.

--------------------------------------------

What is  odd is that my "sleep thought" led me first to the word "Porringer"; and two nights later to Chef Blumenthal.

How very odd!

If your name comes into my mind during the wee hours do you want to hear about it?






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"