Do you know this place?

Photo' taken of a postcard which I found in my ex-bankers box of treasures.

-------------------------------------------------------

It was probably more than twenty five years ago that I, staying in a Hotel in Paris,  tuned into a silly and lovely British sit-com called "Waiting for God".  ( French T.V. in those days was less exciting than watching molasses running up a hill).

As I watched the outdoor shots I thought "surely I know that place".

I waited for the credits at the end of the show which confirmed my suspicions.

The outdoor shots were from a lesser mansion in the village of Farmoor (near Oxford), known as Oaken Holt.

Gosh and be-golly, indeed I knew Oaken Holt.  I worked there in the early 1970's when it was the home of the Westminster Bank Staff College.   I was a tutor at what were called "Induction Courses" for  newly recruited Bankers, which  wasn't that much of a big deal.

When the T.V. programme was over I called my brother Martyn, in England,  who by happenstance had just been watching 'Waiting for God" in England, even as I had been viewing it in France.

I was tickled pink!  

Did you ever watch "Waiting for God"?  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waiting_for_God_(TV_series)


















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"