FOOD!! (Yum time)

My breakfast today, Friday 20th Dec 2019



 Smoked trout, heirloom tomato, and toast.   So good!

The toast was made with  the French Batard which I bought at the LWR Farmers' Market last Sunday. The toast  is crunchy and crispy, in the English style;  not like the warmed up and soggy bread which passes for toast in American breakfast joints. So there!

I call it Batard Pain grillé a les Anglais. Ain't that fancy!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

And I made a healthy snack food today.


Curried Chick Peas.

I'd heard of them, and I created my own recipe.

Place 1 can/tin of chick peas, into a saucepan with the juices from the can/tin, or preferably with vegetable stock - enough to cover a chick peas by at least half an inch.

Add one or one and a half teaspoons full of curry powder and stir well. Curry snobs will disdain the use of store bought curry powder. So what - I am not James Beard!

Bring to a boil, then immediately reduce heat to simmer and cover the pan. Simmer until the chick peas are soft and the liquid is all but absorbed or evaporated.

Place the curried chick peas onto a baking sheet, and place them into a pre-heated oven at 350 degrees for ten minutes, to cook off any remaining liquid.

Double or treble each of the ingredients if you are entertaining a large crowd.

'Tis a healthy and delicious snack for nibbles, or as hors d'ouvres.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"