My first Doctor's appointment via TELE MED

It's the wave of the future, and I like it.

I had a follow up appointment with Dr. Roni Marino (First Physicians, Sarasota) today.  I saw her in person four weeks ago.

Today my appointment was my Tele Med.  I liked it.

The procedure was simple.  

Five minutes before the appointment time I had a regular audio call with the reception staff, checking that my insurance, phone # etc had not changed.

Then another audio chat with a staff member who checked on my weight, blood pressure etc.  (equivalent to the staff member who  checks on these matters before seeing the Doctor).  I had checked my weight (185 pounds) and taken my own blood pressure (138 over 70) at home.

Then I clicked on to a video link (on a Cisco platform) which had been provided to me by the Doctor's Office.

Within minutes I was talking with, and seeing,  a Physician's Assistant for a face to face video link.

I loved it.  The P.A. and I saw each other on screen, face to face.  It was as adequate and probably even more personal than a person to person visit in the Doctor's Office.

Here I am on screen, waiting for the P.A. to chat with me. I did not take a photo' of her on screen in order to respect her anonymity.

It was an altogether better than expected Tele Med visit.

This will be the wave of the future for non-urgent follow up Doctor's visits.

It makes a lot of sense to me.  I was more relaxed and "at home" than if I'd had to take the twenty five minute drive to the Doctor's office and then struggled to find a parking place.

And all the while Zion was sitting at my feet.


 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"