On Self Isolating.and self-care

Who could resist this? "Won't you be my friend?"
Of course I am not utterly isolated!  This good boy is my constant companion.

But I experience a certain degree of social isolation, partly because our Canine Therapy gigs are on hiatus.

SO I HAVE A PLAN

(1) Zion and I have doubled up on our walks  (twice today to Bayfront Park and twice to Arlington Park).  This is good for us (he loves to walk), and I get the exercise.

(2)  Three good meals a day, each with protein, fruits and/ or vegetables, and next to no carbs.  


Some of you saw this pic of a recent breakfast which photographed particularly well in the morning sun.

3)  NO SNACKS or COMFORT FOOD



I can and have easily gotten through one of these large bags in two days.  I have binged on macaroni and cheese with store bought meat balls, or Publix friend chicken tenders.

4.  No alcohol alone at home


That one glass of wine  which "makes the heart glad", can easily become a third which begins a descent into depression.

So I will have but only one drink, and only then when I am with friends and when there is food. (My most recent was on March 6th).

5.  Call a friend  I am trying to make a chatty call to at least one out of Sarasota friend each day.

This is my plan for self care  -  I hope that I do not come over as pompous.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"