My choice. Get Married; and /or Move to Atlanta.




















Clerics (i.e. Clergy) are not immune from anxiety dreams.

I've had the same dream at least three times, twice in the past week.

In the first part of  my dream I am somewhere in Massachusetts. Always on a Saturday.

I remember that I have been called to be the Rector of a parish in Atlanta.  Trouble is that I have not been in touch with the parish since they first invited me to join them.

Tomorrow is supposed to be my first Sunday there, but I am still in Massachusetts  and I have no idea as to how I can get to Atlanta in time (or indeed if they still want me).

Then the dream changes.  It's still the same  Saturday, and I remember that I am supposed to get married the next day.    But I have not seen my bride to be in weeks, and I can't remember the Church at which we are supposed to get wed.  

I know that I will be a no-show for the wedding.  I comfort myself by remebering  that the bride's mother never liked me, so she will be pleased when I do not show up at the Church!

Two nights ago I had a different clergy anxiety dream.  In this one I was to lead a service in a small Chapel. Try as I might I could not find the right page in a (paper back) Prayer Book. None of the pages I found made sense.

From the back of the Chapel a young man said "I went to Seminary, maybe I could help you".

That displeased me!  So I said to a woman who was standing to my right "please play the piano to shut him up".  ( not nice jmp )

Vocational or occupational anxiety dreams are common.  Many people have them.

These  recent dreams remind me that though I am not fearful in these Covid 19 days, I am most certainly anxious.


Aren't we all?




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"