I've passed by it hundreds of times since 2006

but it was not until two weeks ago that I ventured into Sarasota's Payne Park.

https://www.letsplaysarasota.com/Home/Components/FacilityDirectory/FacilityDirectory/158/4753?npage=2

Payne Park is to the east of Washington Blvd, and the south of Ringling Boulevard.

I stopped by to see it after one of my Bayfront Park walking acquaintances said that she sometimes walks there.

Because of its size Payne Park lacks the charm of my regular walking haunts  (Bayfront Park and Arlington Park); but what it lacks in charm it makes up with many facilities  (most sadly closed because of Covid 19)


Auditorium, which I had always imagined to be open air

First Presbyterian Church to the south of the park.

Twelve Tennis Courts (now open)

Pretty ponds

Playground for children

Park Cafe

Skate Park

Here is the (imperfect) history of Payne Park


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Payne_Park

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"