If I Had Known That Being 76 Could Be Such Fun I'd Have Done it Before

May 26th 1944 - May 26th 2020

More than eight four Facebook greetings (which I like) ; a dozen old fashioned birthday cards; 'phone calls with my twin, and with my oldest sister; and youngest brother.

Two "parties" with appropriate social distancing.

MONDAY,  day before birthday celebration  lunch with the Chrismans.


Guest Muriel Quinn

Sparklers!

My wonderfully decorated and socially isolated table

Zion, fresh from his bath and de-shedding wonders why he was bot the centre of attention!

Donna Chrisman

Jack Chrisman joined us to say grace and offer a birthday blessing and then retreated to his room.   He is totally deaf (a different kind of isolation), so my party was not his thing.

In sadly typical fashion (mea culpa)  there is no photo' of the worker, Jack and Donna's daughter Ashley.

She prepared a great meal  -  barbecued chicken, deviled eggs, potato salad, cole slaw, seedless water melon chunks - marinated with fresh mint and mozzarella cheese, and a BLT salad ( lettuce, little bits of bacon, and tomato;  with enough leftovers for my Tuesday lunch!

On my birthday itself - with the ever wonderful Ron and Char Thompson for a glass of wine or two, and "nibbles'.

A welcome gift  - the historical novel about a village which voluntarily quarantined itself during the 1666 plague

BLISS   Zion has his ears tickled by Ron

My isolation table nibbles.

Char and Ron at their isolation table.

Wowee and Gratitude!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"