11th July 2020 Mochael Poupee in Europe.

I fib.  I wasn't in Europe but in Bradenton, FL on Old Main St.

My friend Ashley and I (with Zion) took a stroll on Bradenton's RIVER WALK, then stopped by to a Breakfast/Lunch joint on Old Main St.

This Cafe is next door to an Alleyway (all the best Cities have Alleyways) which the City (or County) allows them to use as outdoor dining space.

This was the view from the Alleyway.  We could have been in Europe!




Whilst in that European frame of mind, Sr. Mochael Poupee (as he promised yesterday)  set about making the Spanish originated soup "Gazpacho" (eaten cold) this afternoon.

It's a labour intensive task, with much peeling, de-seeding, and chopping of cucumbers and tomatoes etc.

The effort was worthwhile.


Mochael Poupee's home made Gazpacho.

I had never seen, heard of, or tasted Gazpacho until I moved to Florida in 2006.

I learned about it by reading a memoir about Ybor City (Tampa) and the Columbia restaurant.

Even though there is a Columbia in Sarasota, I decided that I should make my first visit to the storied and historic Columbia in Ybor City, Tampa, FL. some eight years ago.



https://www.columbiarestaurant.com/Menus-By-Location/Locations/Ybor-City-Historic-District



My visit was well worth while.  I enjoyed the Columbia's gorgeous rooms; their Gazpacho, and their "Cuban" sandwich.





"Hail Columbia" or Farewell Columbia, Mochael Poupee's Gazpacho is pretty darn good.


Mochael Poupee's home made Gazpacho.











  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"