Voting By Mail, and an interesting "platform" by a Candidate to become the Sarasota County Sheriff.

Sarasota County has a Primary Election on August 18th, to select candidates for the November General Election.

With COVID 19 being rampant in Florida who knows whether or not the Polling Stations will be adequately staffed (by volunteers) on 8/18

With that in mind I voted by mail today  (for the first time ever). (My preference is to stand in line with my fellow citizens, and to enjoy non-partisan camaraderie). 




I had no strong feelings about the nominees for the Sarasota Memorial Hospital Board(Yes, we have a not for profit hospital  which we support by our taxes - which are a minuscule part of their annual budget).  A hospital which regularly makes the top 100 list of American hospitals.  

I had good information about the nominees for the Sarasota City Commission and the Sarasota County School Board, thus I knew where to place my votes in these instances.

But I was clueless regarding the two nominees to become the Sarasota County Sheriff.

My mind was made up when I read the "platform" for Kurt Hoffman.


Kurt & Teri on Bench.jpg



You can read it here.  It's worth a gander even if you do not live in Sarasota County.

https://www.kurtahoffman.com


I like his priorities.













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"