Posters as Art

My Face Book friend, and Episcopal Church colleague Mark Engle posted this on his page today.



It's a lovely sentiment to which I subscribe, but I smiled as I realised that the original had been photo' shopped.


For in my bathroom there hangs a print of the original work.



and a companion piece



 I bought both prints (maybe ten or more years ago) from the upscale "Womens Exchange" consignment store here in SRQ. (Now known as "The Exchange")

I enjoy both prints.  


The originals are by the Swiss/French artist Theophile Steinlan.  from a day when advertising posters were art.  


Read more about him here:


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Théophile_Steinlen





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"