Back To Normal? 1

 I ate out with my friend Ashley Lloyd today to celebrate her birthday.  

( To St. Boniface Church, Sarasota friends; Ashley's parents are Donna and Jack Chrisman).

(To others; Ashley moved to SRQ from Roanoke, VA to take care of her ageing parents).

Ashley and I ate at the Riverhouse in Palmetto, FL.;  a new "joint" for both of us. 

It is on the north bank of the Manatee River, immediately opposite the better known Pier 22 which is on the south bank of the river.


The Riverhouse from the river.

I know that it is considered  to be gauche to add meal photo's to Facebook, but I can't resist.  Ashley and I started by sharing a plate of Oysters on the half shell  -  g  o  o  d!

Then to the main courses, both very good.

 

Ashley's Macaroni and Cheese with Lobster.




My Crabcake sandwich with a side of coleslaw.


Our obligatory  after lunch photo',  taken by our superb server  Stephanie.


The sign outside the Toilets/Restroom;  which tickled my perverse sense of humour.


Looking back to landside after our meal.  There is a jitney service which took us back on the Pier.


---------------------------------------------------------

Our first visit to Palmetto's RIVERHOUSE.  RECOMMENDED.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"