@#$**!@@ P-b-l-i-x Supermarket

 Bought these spuds, allegedly "organic", and all wrapped in a plastic bag from my local P-b-i-x supermarket.

"Oh dear", to put in mildly, all green and awful.

I returned them and exchanged them for "non organic", two thirds of which were all eyes.


I've previously asked the produce manager if it might be possible for the Supermarket chain to sell loose, and not prior bagged produce, so that we "senior singles" could  (a) examine the quality of the produce; and (b) purchase two or three spuds and onions etc rather than a two, or three, or five pound bag.

He replied that my question was above his pay grade.

Sarasota and Manatee Counties have a small chain called D-T-W-I-L-E-R-S at which the produce is allowed to roam free; but where customers such as I have to be cautious about the quality.  Some of it seems to be a bit beyond its best sale date.

I suspect that I'll have to spend a dollar or so more, and shop at one or other of the more upscale supermarkets, especially at the ones where customers can see and touch the fruits and veggies.

( We have a weekly downtown "Farmer's Market" in SRQ, but it's hard for me to believe that the two  produce stalls have much to do with local artisan farmers. The stuff looks more or less like supermarket grade.  And the Saturday Farmer's Market "feels" more like a socially acceptable meeting place for the good and the great of the citizenry , and their dogs).  


Dammit, I am such a reverse snob! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"