Goodness and Mercy. Psalm 23 and a Preacher's Humour

I recently posted this lovely link about a herding dog in Canada.  It is almost mesmerizing. 


https://m.facebook.com/watch/?v=306256827373668&_rdr


The video was made at a farm where herding dogs are trained.

Don't we all love herding dogs, and hold them in awe.




Do you know that there are herding dogs in the Bible?

Many years ago I heard a sermon on Psalm 23.

The preacher noted that in the Psalm  the Lord is the Shepherd  who leads the sheep.  "The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want. He leadeth me beside the still waters.

But the preacher noted that there are herding dogs in this Psalm. 

They have names!

One is called Goodness.  The other is Mercy.

"Surely Goodness and Mercy  shall follow me all the days of my life"

Goodness and Mercy are the herding dogs who enable us to follow the Shepherd!







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"