And Now For Something Completely Different. ( and some Soul Evocative Music)

 





What do you know about the Iona (Christian) Community based on the Scottish Island of Iona; and in Govan, Glasgow, Scotland?


Here's a bit of the history of Iona/Govan.  


https://iona.org.uk/about-us/history/


I've been to Iona twice.  It's a beautiful (but very small) Island. My second visit was for two weeks (1999) which was one week too long! I had a form of claustrophobia when the final ferry of the day left Iona to be berthed near the Island of Mull overnight.  I couldn't get out!   (I am a "City Person"!) 

The music of the Community is splendid; much of it written and composed by the Musician-in-Residence, John Bell.

Here is one of his gems, called The Summons, and based on the call by Jesus to Peter, James and John.

This kind of christian  music is my "soul food".

Here it is, sung with verve at a Cathedral in Glasgow.


https://youtu.be/zk6IUalJ3sk


Please enjoy!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"