I Dreamed Last Night About the Delany Sisters.

 Who were/are they you might ask.


See this

https://www.nycommunitytrust.org/newsroom/the-delany-sisters-a-relationship-that-lasted-over-a-hundred-years/


In my dream I met them at some kind of church conference.  There they were, as elegant as could be in lovely suits, and each wearing a trilby hat.

In my dream one of them was profoundly deaf and could not hear a word I said.  The other was supposed to be my counsellor, but I had no idea of why she was to counsel me. (Was my sub-conscious mind telling me to learn from wise lack women?)


For more about these great women see:  


https://blackamericaweb.com/2014/09/28/little-known-black-history-fact-the-delany-sisters/


They were two of the children of the very first Black Bishop (and his wife of course) in the Episcopal Church.

Sounds good until you note that Bishop Delany was a Suffragan (assistant) Bishop with no real authority in the Episcopal Church,  except to establish segregated Black congregations in some Dioceses in formerly Confederate States.




See

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Beard_Delany 


A Jim Crow era Bishop so to speak.


So why did two of his daughters creep into my dreams( I am glad that they did!}


Maybe its  because I am part of a Black Lives Matter Zoom group every Thursday. We learn so much about each other. Life would be too narrow and constricted sans our conversations.


NO DOUBT ABOUT IT.  BLACK LIVES MATTER.













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"