Post Covid 19 Hibernation SWEETNESS in Sarasota, FL

 Sunday April 18th


Zion and I took an afternoon walk in Sarasota's lovely Arlington Park.


Around a bend came two lads (maybe 8 or 9 years old) on their inline skates. For the sake of prudence I never talk with unaccompanied youngsters in my park walks.

One of the lads was fixated on Zion.  Then the adult came around the same bend.  Now I was free to say to the lads "you can pet my dog if you wish". As the one who seemed to be fixated on Z did so, a light went on in my memory.  "Why" I exclaimed "it's Isaac".  And a bit later to the adult "you are Denise".

Denise and Isaac were the Mom and son I often met at Arlington Park pre-covid. Mom would take an older son (Ben) to Sarasota High School, then to creatively kill time before Isaac's  school time she would bring the "son of laughter" (Isaac)  to A.P. for  his skate board practice. One day Denise brought decadently sweet donuts from the Five O'Clock Donut shop on Ringling Blvd. for us to share.

We had not met for over a year.  Our encounter was "sweeter than the doughnuts!".  (Or as the Psalms  would say "sweeter far than honey").

(Isaac's pal is Myer).


The great thing is that Denise, Isaac and their family are members of my local 

 a Congregation which is the source for most of my recent  spiritual enrichment.











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"