My Mind Is Still in England It's the Music! (Nimrod/Change ringing) (Ignore the photo' of Mickey ScottBay)

 I continue to hear two wonderful sounds.

1)  I am haunted by the strains of Nimrod which I heard in the Bristol Remembrance  Service  on November 14th.

From Elgar's Enigma Variations  "Nimrod" as played in this link from the solemn ceremony at the London Cenotaph a few years ago. 'Tis a London not a Bristol link'


https://youtu.be/O5sX99HODzg

I suspect that those who do not like/do not know, or are not familiar with Classical Music will enjoy Nimrod.


2. Change ringing from a Church Belfry on November 21st.

Change ringing is an art and skill which is on life support as Belfrys are too expensive to maintain; and as ringers are in short supply.

The Bristol Parish Church of St. Mary Redcliffe was in  sight and sound of my Hotel.  As I wandered out on the morning of Nov 21st I was enchanted to be able to listen to its  Change Ringing.  My English heart expanded with pride. My English soul was renewed.

https://youtu.be/unsZiKe2Mxs










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"