Gone fishin'

With all the wisdom of a 14 year old he told me “when I was young I used to fish here, and I used to catch 10lb basses”.

“He” was at the back of my house today, fishing in our pond with a friend who was maybe 10 years old.

I watched as the younger boy landed a fish. It looked big to me, and I rushed to get my camera.

By the time I returned, the fish had already been returned to the pond.

“How big was it?”, I asked. “About five pounds” the older boy replied.

Was it a Tilapia?” I asked - (rumour has it that our pond is filled with such fish).

“Oh no”, he replied, “it was a Bass. We are just catching and releasing”.

“When I was young”, he said, “I used to fish here, and catch 10lb basses”.

Thank God for young boys who still go fishing.

Thank God for 14 year olds who say: “when I was young”!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"