It rained here today. “So what?” you may ask. Except in the case of those who live in the Atlanta, GA area. They understand drought.
And we are in our second year of much less than normal rainfall in South West Florida. It has not rained in two months. So we needed rain.
May is our driest month, and there was no rainfall in the forecast. Nonetheless I was awakened at 3:45 a.m. today by a huge thunder and lightning storm. I went outside, simply to enjoy the rain.
(I discovered later that just about everyone I met during the day had been awakened by “a blitz” of a thunderstorm)
And rain it did. Heavily for two hours, and then a more gentle soaking rain for another nine.
It will not make much of a dent in our drought, but how good it was to see and feel rain!
None of my blog readers are likely to mistake me for a Repuglican! So the following (courtesy of my “cousin by marriage” (Kippy) will not surprise you)
Here are some pertinent observations most Americans now agree with.
1) (On an infant's shirt): Already smarter than Bush
2) 1/20/09: End of an Error
3) That's OK, I Wasn't Using My Civil Liberties Anyway
4) Let's Fix Democracy in THIS Country First
5) If You Want a Nation Ruled By Religion, Move to Iran
6) Bush. Like a Rock. Only Dumber.
7) You Can't Be Pro-War And Pro-Life At The Same Time
8) If You Can Read This, You're Not Our President
9) Of Course It Hurts: You're Getting Screwed by an Elephant
10) Hey, Bush Supporters: Embarrassed Yet?
11) George Bush: Creating the Terrorists Our Kids Will Have to Fight
12) Impeachment: It's Not Just for Blowjobs Anymore
14) America: One Nation, Under Surveillance
15) They Call Him 'W' So He Can Spell It
16) Which God Do You Kill For?
17) Cheney/Satan '08
18) Jail to the Chief
19) Who Would Jesus Torture?
20) No, Seriously, Why Did We Invade
21) Bush: God's Way of Proving Intelligent Design is Full Of Crap
23) Bad president! No Banana.
24) We Need a President Who's Fluent In At Least One Language
25) We're Making Enemies Faster Than We Can Kill Them
27) Rich Man's War, Poor Man's Blood
28) Is It Vietnam Yet?
29) Bush Doesn't Care About American People, Either
30) Where Are We Going? And Why Are We In This Hand Basket?
31) You Elected Him. You Deserve Him.
32) Frodo Failed. Bush Has the Ring.
33) Impeach Cheney First
34) Dubya, Your Dad Shoulda Pulled Out, Too
35) When Bush Took Office, Gas Was $1.46