Bloviation and substance

Bloviation and substance
I did not watch Governor Sarah Palin’s speech last evening at the Republican Convention.

Nor, for that matter did I watch the speeches of Senators Obama and Biden.

The Englishman in me finds these Conventions to be tedious.

I dislike the “hoopla”; the scripting; the bloviating; and the inevitable applause.

I see the Conventions (Democratic and Republican) to be utterly phony and silly.

But I did read the “pistol packin’ momma’s” speech today.

The pundits, the press and the bloggers swooned about Gov. Palin’s performance.

But I found her words to be filled with style, sans substance.


Not a word about our collapsing economy; or about health care, pensions, employment and our wars.

A ton of rhetoric. Not an ounce of wisdom.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"