Sin?

I walk for about an hour most days at 6:00 a.m. or even earlier.

This means that I start my walk in the darkness, leading to morning twilight, and then to the light of day.


Last Wednesday as I walked into morning twilight, the street lights were still on. I saw a faint shadow moving alongside me. I turned to see who was behind me.


Then I realised that it was my own shadow, moving from behind me to before me as I walked passed a street light.


When we walk towards the light the shadows are behind us.


When we walk away from the light the shadows are ahead of us.


I suppose that this has something to say about the notion of sin.


Whe we walk away from the light (of G-d) the shadows are ahead of us.

This (for me) means that we are always walking into the shadows of our past - the failures, disappointments, hurts and miseries of yesteryear.

Repentance is to turn 180 degrees, and to walk towards the light (of G-d).

Then the shadows are behind us. Those failures, disappointments, hurts and miseries of yesteryear are absorbed into the light and love towards which we walk.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"