..... and fourthly

This morning saw me at St. Boniface Church on Siesta Key for the 9:00 a.m. service - what a sensible time!

1. I was greeted by an Usher whose name is Adelaide. She glowed with joy when I told her that I liked the name so much that I had given it to one of my two cats. We chatted a bit about Queen Adelaide - wife of King William IV of the United Kingdom

Adelaide in Australia was named for this Queen.

2. At communion time I saw Grant, aged about 3 as he stood at the Altar to receive the sacred bread and wine. His face beamed with joy. I got teary eyed as I watched him. Later I told his Mum and Dad how their son’s face had en-joyed me. I realised how much I miss children in my retirement.

3. St. Boniface’ rector, Ted Copland talked about the enormous needs of Sarasota’s “All Faiths Food Bank”. He reminded us of a parish motto “Only share on the days you eat”

4. Assistant Rector Andi (Andrea) Taylor preached a cracker-jack sermon about lives which can be built on a philosophy/theology of abundance, or on a philosophy/theology of scarcity.

It was great preaching, and “thanks be to whatever”, Andy smiled all through her sermon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"