Monsoon

Monsoon.

We have been stuck in a humid and rain producing weather system these past few days.

There is good news here. We are still in what has been a three year drought, so every drop of rain seems precious.

The recently stressed Hong Kong Orchid trees outside my lanai are once again in full leaf. Our grass is green. The pond is full.

Of course a couple of dry weeks could change all that, but for now I rejoice in Sarasota’s green and pleasant land.

The bad news is - getting soaked to the skin. I looked out at the sky a bit ago, and it seemed clear enough.

So Penne and I decided this was a good time for a walk. She lollygagged and I went along with her.

(What is this life, if full of care, we have no time to stand and stare?)

But we lollygagged for too long. The rain moved in, out of the blue, so to speak. Heavy rain. Monsoon type rain.

I ran. Penne ran too (she is a better runner than I).

But the rain was quicker than we.

Soaked to the skin, literally in my case, we got back into our home.

Penne shook it all off.

But I had to strip to my 65 year old birthday suit, and towel off before dressing again with clean dry garments.

“So what?” you say.

It’s simply this. I wrote this cos wanted to be able to use the verb “to lollygag”!

(The picture is of an Hong Kong Orchid Tree, but this one is not outside my home - it’s one which I lifted from the web. I could not find a picture of me in my birthday suit)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shoe insults

The background, the couple, my friends, the wedding ceremony, the Shaykh, the Priest,

It began in Bristol U.K. "A man dies" and "Jesus Christ Superstar"